Terms & Conditions
Welcome to ShopChat.
You must know that by registering or using in any way this website (shopchat.ai; hereinafter, the «Service» or the «Website»), owned by Sistemas Globales SA («Globant», «us» or «our»), located at Av. del Libertador 4980, 7th Floor, Office "B", City of Buenos Aires, Argentina, with the main purpose of advertising and promoting ShopChat, service (B2B), and by accessing its contents (the «Content»), you are accepting that you have read, understood and will comply with these terms and conditions (the «Terms»).
Any person that accesses and/or uses the Website (the «User», «you» or «your»), must do so according to the Terms, along with all other policies that are incorporated to these Terms by reference.
These Terms are subject to updates and changes, which Globant has the right to make at any time and without prior notice. These updates or changes will come into effect as from the moment of their publication on the Website, and your use of the Website after such publication will imply your acceptance of these updates or changes. For this reason, we suggest that you review the Terms each time you use the Website.
By using the Website, you certify that you have read, understood and consented to the following terms:
The Website is directed to people who reside worldwide. Consequently, Globant does not guarantee that the contents available in the Website (hereinafter, the “Contents”) will be available in and/or comply with the applicable laws in other jurisdictions.
In case a personal that does not have the legal capacity to enter into a contract or is a minor according to the applicable local law, uses the Website, they must first obtain permission from their parents, guardian or legal representative. The parents, guardian or legal representative will be responsible and accountable for the acts carried out by the person under their charge.
By accessing the Website, you declare and guarantee that you have the legal capacity needed to enter into a contract and/or that you are of legal age and/or that you have the prior authorization from your parent, guardian or legal representative (and, in this case, that the access and use of the Website is done under their supervision).
III. ABOUT THE APPLICATION
The information contained in the Website is not intended for the end user, it does not constitute an offer of any product or service, and is provided only with informative, advertising or promotional services in relation with ShopChat. In this sense, the images included in the Website are merely illustrative.
IV. PERMITTED USE
You will use the Website, at all times, in compliance with these Terms, applicable local law, moral, good customs and, especially, the restrictions established in section X (“INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS”)
You shall refrain from using the Website for purposes or effects that are illicit, contrary to the Terms, harmful to third party’s rights or interests, or that may, in any way, harm, disable, overcharge or damage the Website or prevent the normal use of the Website by other users.
VI. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Globant implements administrative, technical, logical and physical security measures in order to protect the Website and your personal data in particular, from any accidental, illegal or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, communication or use.
However, you acknowledge that the security measures implemented by Globant are not unbreakable, and that the Website may be subject of manipulations, destruction and/or loss of information.
VII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You certify and accept that you are solely and exclusively responsible for your use of the Website.
To the extent permitted by the applicable laws, Globant will not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct and/or indirect damages, loss of profit or loss of chance, that may result from the use or the impossibility of use of the Website. In particular, Globant will not be liable for the damages that derive, directly or indirectly, from:
- The Website’s instability;
- Technical problems and/or malfunctions of the Website, such as errors or interruptions; and/or
- The Website’s incompatibility with your hardware and/or software.
You acknowledge that Globant will not be liable for any damages you may experience, directly or indirectly, on the grounds of the lack of accuracy of the information available in the Website.
VIII. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Globant does not guarantee the availability and continuity of the Website. Globant does not guarantee the usefulness of the Website to carry out any particular activity, its infallibility or, in particular, but not exclusively, that you may effectively use the Website or access the different web pages that form the Website.
Globant does not guarantee that the Website functions without defects, errors or malfunctions, or that the Website and its servers are free from computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms.
The Website is provided “as-is”, and Globant makes no warranty of any kind with respect to this Website, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Globant makes no warranty of the accuracy, truthfulness, completeness or timeliness of the Contents; nor of the functional, technical, financial or any other kind of adequacy of ShopChat, or any other products or services informed, advertised and/or promoted in the Website.
IX. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may be managed by companies that are not linked to Globant. These linked sites generally have their own terms and conditions and you must read them if you visit these sites.
Globant is not responsible or liable for any of the content available in these other sites.
X. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that the Website’s Contents, both visible and not visible, including, but not limited to, source and object code, data, data bases, algorithms, applications, software, interfaces, functional architecture, videos, songs, compositions, melodies, lyrics, phonograms, images, photographs, drawings, projects, sketches, illustrations, paintings, layouts, graphics, models, designs, shapes, trademarks and other distinctive signs, logos, icons, buttons, documents, texts, domain names, trade names and any other elements protected by intellectual property rights (such as copyright, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights recognized by local regulation) are exclusive property of Globant (the “Intellectual Property Rights).
You acknowledge that nothing stipulated in these Terms will operate or be interpreted as a license and/or assignment, total or partial, of Globant’s Intellectual Property Rights in your favor.
In consideration of the above, you will not perform or try to perform any of the following actions:
- Copy or reproduce the Contents;
- Modify, alter, conceal and/or remove the Contents, in any way;
- Create work derived from the Contents;
- Publish, transmit, distribute, market and/or exploit the Contents in any way;
- Decipher, decompile or obtain the source code of any software program in this Website;
- Access data that is not intended for the public, or access servers or accounts when this is not authorized;
- Eliminate identification notices, copyright or other notices regarding Globant’s Intellectual Property Rights;
- Damage, disable, overload, interrupt, prevent, limit or impair in any way, the correct functioning of the Website or of any activity that is carried out in the Website;
- Prevent any user, host or networks from using the Website, including, but not limited to, by sending viruses through the Website, by saturating or through denial of service attacks;
- Suppress, disable, avoid and/or manipulate the security systems and/or technical devices that Globant uses in the Website;
- Breaching the Website’s security, including, but not limited to, evaluating or testing the system’s or network’s vulnerability, or breaching the security or identification measures without adequate authorization;
- Use the Website in any way that is illegal, with an illicit purpose or contrary to these Terms; and
- Allow third parties to infringe the prior restrictions in any other way.
Globant reserves the right to suspend or deregister any person that, to Globant’s sole discretion, does not comply with the standards outlined in these Terms or with Globant’s current policies, without this generating any right to a redress.
You will not participate in activities or commit any acts that, directly or indirectly, are liable to dispute or put Globant’s Intellectual Property Rights at risk. In this sense, you:
- Will not register or request with the competent authority any source or object code, data, data bases, algorithms, applications, software, interfaces, videos, songs, compositions, melodies, lyrics, phonograms, images, photographs, drawings, projects, sketches, illustrations, paintings, layouts, models, designs, shapes, trademarks or other distinctive signs, logos, icons, buttons, domain names and/or trade names that are -or could be or are interpreted as- identical to, similar to and/or could be confused with (or that constitute or could constitute as derivations, variations or adaptations of), as the case may be, the contents that are property of Globant protected by Intellectual Property Rights; and you will not claim rights, titles or interests in or regarding such contents.
- You will not dispute, challenge or contest, in any way, Globant’s Intellectual Property Rights and/or any other rights, titles or interests of Globant regarding the contents of the Website (nor will you help any other person or entity to do so).
XI. ACCESS BLOCK
Globant reserves the right to block any person’s access to the Website or use of the Website, for any reason and without prior notice.
You accept to maintain Globant harmless from and against any claim, action or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal expenses that result from your use of the Website and/or Contents.
Globant reserves the right to suspend, remove or eliminate the Website and/or any Contents from the Website, at any time without prior notice.
When a court or any other competent judicial entity considers that, for any reason, any of the clauses of these Terms are invalid or ineffective, the content of such clauses will continue being effective and binding to the extent permitted by law, and such effect will not extend to the rest of the clauses included herein, which will continue to be valid and effective.
The lack of or delay in the exercise by Globant of any right or privilege outlined in these Terms will not be considered a resignation from any other rights or privileges contained in these Terms. The partial exercise of a right or privilege will not prevent the exercise of any other rights or privileges.
If you have any doubts or queries, you may contact Globant by sending an email at email@example.com.
XV. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms are governed and must be interpreted in accordance with the local law.
Any dispute or claim shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of the City of Buenos Aires. You expressly renounce any other jurisdiction that may correspond.
These Terms were last updated on 05/21/2021.